DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 14, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“HOPE!”
Psalm 42:11
Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God.
I am told that depression is so prevalent in our society that many people have given up all hope. What a sad commentary that is. In an era when science and technology has brought about changes to make life easier, many feel only hopelessness.

When I use the word "hope," it is not longingly wishing for something that is not possessed, but rather a confident expectation that what has been promised will come to pass. 

For the believer, we need to have a hope that looks beyond the things of this world in anticipation of the glory that awaits us in eternity. It is so easy to be caught up in the rat race around us. So often our focus is on temporal things rather than eternal values.

There's an old hymn that often echoes through my mind called "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus." One line goes like this: "And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace." I want that for my life!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Feel free to invite friends and family to subscribe to the Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL