DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 9, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND P some weird something from the seaASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“LONG LIFE!”
Luke 12:19-20
And I will say to my soul, ‘Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry.’ But God said to him, ‘Fool! This night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?’
From time to time I see an advertisement for a product to boost your health. (We all need that, don’t we?). In the ad a woman is walking toward the camera and says; “I’m in my 60’s and I have many good years left to live.”

That may sound well in an advertisement, but it is not necessarily true. We have no idea how many years, months, weeks, days, or even hours we have left to live. Isn’t that a sobering thought!

There is a poem written by C.T. Studd, Only One Life, that has one line that many of us have heard so many times we  are sure it is from the Bible; Only one life, ’twill soon be past, only what’s done for Christ will last.” The rest of that verse goes like this; “And when I am dying, how happy I’ll be, if the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.”

We may not know the length of our days, but I praise God we can know that there is an eternity with Jesus waiting for us. What a joy it will be when we will join the believers of all ages---for eternity!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Feel free to invite friends and family to subscribe to the Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL