DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 15, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“FAITH!”
I Corinthians 13:11-13
“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Yesterday I wrote about hope. As I was meditating about today’s topic, I immediately thought of today’s Scripture. FAITH-HOPE-LOVE seem to be a trio of attributes the Lord Jesus would like to see in every believer.

Faith is described in Strong’s Concordance this way:  persuasion, i.e. credence; moral conviction (of religious truth, or the truthfulness of God or a religious teacher), especially reliance upon Christ for salvation; abstractly, constancy in such profession; by extension, the system of religious (Gospel) truth itself:—assurance, belief, believe, faith, fidelity. In my words it would be this: If God says it, I believe it!

When we take our eyes off of ourselves, or trying to please others, we gain a new perspective. Rather than being self-oriented or others-oriented, we need to commit ourselves to be God oriented. We can only do that by reading His Word and spending time with Him in prayer.

What is the level of your faith? You may feel that your situation is absolutely hopeless, but that is never the case. Have faith that Jesus who created the universe cared enough to come and offer us eternal life.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Feel free to invite friends and family to subscribe to the Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL