DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 3, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“LIFE’S LESSONS!”
Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
You know the longer I live the more I realize I know so very little. But then it’s really not essential that I know everything. I feel like the old pastor who slowly walked to the pulpit. The congregation eagerly awaited the words that this precious saint of God would deliver. You may recall the story that he simply said; “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”

My sojourn in the hospital gave me an opportunity to read more than I have been able to for some time. I’m so appreciative of having a Kindle device so I can read book after book without carrying an entire armload. I spent a great deal of time reading a book by Jerry Bridges called; “Trusting God; Even When Life Hurts.”

It gave me a new appreciation of the sovereignty of God. It really is not what makes me comfortable or painless. In fact it is not about me at all. It is so easy to focus all of our attention upon making ourselves better or at ease, but what God wants to do with us and through us. If it is pain so be it! If it is suffering so be it! If it is complete healing so be it!

During my stay God was able to use me to bring a little bit of healing to the nurses and staff who treated me. That was my ministry for this particular situation and I thank God for it. I rejoice being home, but I want to be available for God to be sovereign in my life.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Feel free to invite friends and family to subscribe to the Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL