DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
September 16, 2015
TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

“LOVE!”
I Corinthians 13:13
 Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.  And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

For the previous two days I have shared thoughts about the qualities of FAITH and HOPE. That brings us to the last of these -- LOVE. I was blessed to have discovered my precious life partner when I was just a boy of 14. Joyce and I knew the joy of walking together, finally holding hands, the first kiss, and the consummation of our love on our wedding night. (I wish couples would depart from the liberal idea that sex before marriage is the norm.)

Our love continued to grow across the years as we experienced the birth of our three children and the establishment of a Christian home. It was easy to love my wife and my children. It was also easy to love my friends and neighbors -- but what about others who were not lovable?

That’s where the rub comes, doesn’t it? We can be self satisfied that we are being the loving Christians that God wants us to be as long as we love the lovable people in our life. Think of the people that are near to you that are totally obnoxious. Can you show true Christian love to them?

In His Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said we are to love those who are hard to love. Listen to His words in Luke 6:35: “But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.” That, my dear friend, is true love! I want that for my life.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!   

- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL