THURSDAY: “PERKY!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson December 3, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
December 3, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“PERKY!”
Psalm 139:1-4
Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways.  For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.

Back in the early 1970’s we had a most delightful little dog named Perky, a small white mixed breed between a cocker spaniel and miniature poodle…a cockapoo! One of our rules was that Perky could not be near the table while we were eating. We understood that, but Perky had a hard time getting it through his head.

Time after time, during our meals Perky would try his best to get near the table. We could see him walking very slowly toward us. He would turn his head away from the table as he approached. It seemed that he had the idea that if he couldn’t see us, we couldn’t see him!

I have thought many times that this is a picture of how many of us live. We turn our attention away from God and try to convince ourselves that He cannot see what is going on. That is not the case and I’m glad it is not the case.

We need to have a God who is so mighty that He knows our actions before, during, and after. With a God like that we must not turn our head away from Him and try to get close to the things that He has told us to stay away from. I want to learn from Perky!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil    

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL