TUESDAY: “END OF LIFE CARE!!” James 4:14 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson December 29, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
December 29, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

END OF LIFE CARE!!”
James 4:14
“Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

I survived Christmas Day with only a few pangs. I kept thinking of how much my dear wife would have loved being with our family on this very special day. Christmas was always a special celebration for us. In sixty-six years we spent every Christmas together except one in 1966 when I was on a remote assignment in St. Anthony, Newfoundland.

While there I was broken up by one song lyric that went “I’ll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams.”  This year was my first Christmas without Joyce, but her first Christmas with Jesus. SHE HAD A BETTER TIME THAN I DID!

It was a year ago that Joyce was in a hospital bed in our living room. She had just been placed on Hospice Care. With her dementia I was not sure if she understood about her condition. I sat by her bed and held her hand and asked if she understood that Hospice was END OF LIFE CARE? She nodded. Little did we know that she would only live three more weeks.

But I was wrong! It was not end of life … it was her entry into everlasting life. No more confusion or pain for my sweetheart. She received the reward of eternal life -- not end of life! IT IS LIFE BEYOND OUR IMAGINATION. I can hardly wait!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil 

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL