TUESDAY “THE GREATEST GIFT!” Romans 6:23 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson December 22, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
December 22, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

“THE GREATEST GIFT!”
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Back in the dark ages when I was attending college, I supported my family by working as a police officer. I worked 48 hours a week and my salary, as I recall, was $120 per month. When I received my paycheck it was not a gift -- I had earned it!

There is a vast difference between wages and gifts. Wages are paid for performing a service as required. Gifts are not given on the basis of performance, but rather as an expression of love. The most precious gifts are those into which a person has poured their heart and soul.

Above my desk hangs an 18” x 12” wall plaque that is one of my most precious gifts. It was given to me by our oldest daughter, Brenda, shortly before her death in 1991. It is a counted cross stitch of Isaiah 40:31: “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.”

In order to enjoy that precious gift, I had to open the package. The joy on Brenda’s face when she watched me open her gift was priceless! It brought her joy just to see how much it pleased me. It brings joy to the Lord when we open His gifts. Please do not leave God’s greatest gift unopened!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL