FRIDAY: “OPEN MY EYES!” 2 Kings 6:17 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson April 8, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 8, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK

“OPEN MY EYES!”
2 Kings 6:17
“And Elisha prayed, and said, ‘LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.’ Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.”

Over the years of my life I have known people who had either been born blind or had lost their eyesight through accident or illness. I have always had the feeling they had better awareness of the world around us than I did. Their other senses (saw) things I was over looking.  

Today’s Scripture is one of my favorites. Elisha, by the power of the Holy Spirit, had been supplying the king of Israel up-to-date reports on any traps that the king of Aram had been setting for Israel. When the king of Aram discovered that it was Elisha who had been warning the king of Israel, he sent troops by night to arrest Elisha and bring him back for execution.

In the morning the servant of Elisha saw the armed force of Aram surrounding them. In utter terror he reported to Elisha that they were surrounded and they had no hope of escape. It was then that Elisha prayed this prayer to allow his servant what he (Elisha) was able to see. Oh, how many times I wish we could see the mighty army of the Lord that He has placed around us!

Clara Fiske Scott lived from 1841 to 1897. She tragically died after being thrown from a buggy being pulled by a runaway horse. She was a prolific hymn writer, but only this week's featured hymn is still in circulation. Think of her hymn as a prayer much like the one Elisha had prayed so long ago.


Open my eyes, that I may see, glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key, that shall unclasp and set me free.

Refrain: Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God, Thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine.

Open my ears, that I may hear, voices of truth Thou sendest clear;
And while the wave notes fall on my ear, everything false will disappear.

Refrain: Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God, Thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine.

Open my mouth, and let me bear, gladly the warm truth everywhere;
Open my heart and let me prepare, love with Thy children thus to share.

Refrain: Silently now I wait for Thee, ready my God, Thy will to see.
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine.

It is my desire that the words of this hymn will become our constant prayer. In the moments when the cares of this world tend to blind us to the mighty power of God unto salvation, I want to have my eyes opened wide.

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
To access Open My Eyes, this week's inspirational video from please go to: http://www.gloryscapes.com/openmyeyes
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends and invite them to subscribe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL