MONDAY: “MOMENTS IN TIME!” Matthew 24:35 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson April 18, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 18, 2016
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“MOMENTS IN TIME!”
Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
In my mind’s eye I recall our family gathered around the dinner table. All three kids are still at home and we are enjoying a sweet time of sharing. Across the table from me is Joyce, my precious wife. To her right is our oldest daughter, Brenda. Next to Brenda and to my right is our youngest daughter, Lori. On my left and to the right of Joyce is our son, Dan. It is a wonderful picture ... but it did not last. 

In the blink of an eye it seems, the kids marry and leave home. Grandbabies are born and illness takes my dear daughter. Brenda and my precious Joyce have both slipped the bonds of this earth and soared into Paradise. I will never be able to sit around the table with them on this earth, but oh how I look forward to that day when I will not only see them but all of my loved ones. More than that, I will see the Savior who loved me enough to die for me.

C.T. Studd lived from 1860 to 1931. He composed a poem that is now so familiar that many think it is from scripture. Here is a verse from that poem: Only one life, 'twill soon be past, Only what's done for Christ will last. And when I am dying, how happy I'll be, If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.” That is the moment in time I fervently anticipate! What a day of rejoicing that will be!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
-  - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends and invite them to subscribe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL