WEDNESDAY “MY OATH!” Psalm 19:14 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson April 27, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 27, 2016
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“MY OATH!”
 Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”

As I reflect back on my boyhood days, I feel blessed for the time I spent as a Boy Scout. The values and qualities that we were taught have played a vital part of the person I have become. As I was thinking about the Boy Scout Oath we took at the beginning of each meeting, I only wish that each Scout lived up to the oath.

“On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; to help others at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.”

Truly honorable people recognize a duty to God. It is not that God owes us, but much more that we owe Him our best. If Jesus gave His life for us, we need to commit ourselves to serve Him with the best we have. We are also to serve others. One of the strongest messages that Jesus stressed was to give to others.

Skipping down to the last line of the oath, we are to be morally straight. How we behave when no one is looking reveals the true person we are. We may keep up appearances when others are looking, but how do we act when we are alone with ourselves? We need to be aware that the Lord knows the thoughts and intents of our heart -- and He is always looking!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions! 
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com  
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends and invite them to subscribe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL