TUESDAY: “CONDITIONAL CLAUSES!” II Chronicles 7:14 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson April 19, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 19, 2016
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“CONDITIONAL CLAUSES!”
II Chronicles 7:14
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Over the years I have sat before several interview boards that were in the process of interviewing me for a particular position or promotion. They were the ones who were placing before me the conditions that were to be expected. I was the one who would be expected to comply.

Many times we read about those individuals who have a “foxhole commitment.” They try to place conditions on the Lord, promising to follow Him IF He will get them out of their current predicament. (That "commitment" is not always restricted to wartime battle conditions. We are prone to pray that type of prayer in all sorts of situations.)

In an election year we are frequently promised that things will be perfect IF we elect certain candidates. I am sorry to break the sad news, but that is not what we read in the pages of Scripture. 
We see that today’s Scripture is addressed to believers. Oh, and might I add that it has a conditional clause attached to it. We are God’s people and we are the ones who must humble ourselves, pray, seek God’s face and turn from our wicked ways. I pray we will respond to God’s CONDITIONAL CLAUSE!
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
-  - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends and invite them to subscribe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL