WEDNESDAY: “SELFIES!” John 5:30 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson April 6, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
April 6, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK

SELFIES!”
John 5:30
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me. 
I recently observed a man with his right hand raised and a big smile on his face. He looked like he was bidding on something at an auction, but there was no auction going on. It was then that I observed his cell phone in his hand. Perhaps he was just trying to get better reception. But no, he was taking a SELFIE.

I am not sure where this preoccupation with taking pictures of one’s self came from, but to me it’s disturbing. I know that I’m an old stick-in-the-mud, but let’s face it, there are a lot better things to take pictures of than our selves.

Pride comes in all shapes and sizes, and perhaps selfies are an indication of just how subtly it can slip in. In today’s Scripture we read the words of Jesus. If the Son of God can say that He Himself can do nothing without doing the will of His Father, we need to pay attention.

As we examine our life and our conduct, are we placing attention on our self? Do we live to please us or to please Him? Are we seeking our own will or His will? I want to get rid of the selfies in my life and live for Him.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
-  - - Pastor Cecil

P.S. - You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL