TUESDAY: “LITTLE CECIL!” Matthew 18:5 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 7, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 7, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “LITTLE CECIL!”  
Matthew 18:5
“Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.”

I have written about it before, but in the past few hours I had the pleasure of reliving an incident that originally took place over ten years ago. Joyce and I were trying to select a gift for a young girl in our church. Joyce wanted to get her something feminine and sweet, but I suggested a small toy gorilla. Kailey, the young girl, named the little gorilla "Cecil" and has kept it all of these years.

She is now graduating from Community College and, as a gift, I bought her a larger version of little Cecil the gorilla. How would a sophisticated college girl react to the new Cecil? I just returned from meeting Kailey and her mother. The first thing she did was reach out and show me the little gorilla she has kept all these years.

As Kailey opened the gift bag with the larger Cecil, her face lit up like a neon sign. The only thing I could say was that I wished Joyce were still here to share the joy. I am so glad we took the time those many years ago to befriend a little girl who would one day become a lovely young woman who did not think it silly to hang onto a toy that expressed our love. I hope the new “Big Cecil” also stays with her for a long time!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Please feel free to forward this to your family and friends and invite them to subscribe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL