TUESDAY “RETIRED!” Philippians 1:6 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 28, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
June 28, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “RETIRED!”  
Philippians 1:6
"Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

I want to tell you right up front that I am 82. I know that some people think I still act like a kid, but I am a genuinely certified senior citizen, whatever that means. Many others often refer to the fact that I am retired.

Let me see: I pastor a small congregation, write the Daily-E-Votional five days a week, record audio versions of the Daily-E-Votional, as well as audio recordings that take us through the Bible in one year, have published seven books and am just finishing the eighth. Yep! Stop to think of it, I guess I am retired.

In my humble opinion, retirement is one of the saddest occupations a person can have. It will make you old! I do not want to get old, I want to occupy until Jesus comes or until He chooses to take me home. I want to die with my spiritual boots on!

Worldly fame and applause soon fades away. Money and the stuff of this world will soon tarnish and fade away. What we do for the Lord on this earth is the only lasting accomplishment that we will ever achieve.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL