Sunday, December 11, 2016

MONDAY: “IF!” Romans 8:13 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson December 12, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
December 12, 2016
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:
pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com
“IF!”
Romans 8:13
“For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.”
You may have heard the humorous anecdote about a young man in by-gone days who was writing a love note to his sweetheart: "My dearest darling, I would climb the highest mountain for you to show my love. I would swim the widest river to show just how much I love you! PS. I will see you this Saturday if it does not rain.”
In Matthew 21:28-31, Jesus tells the parable of the two sons: “But what do you think? A man had two sons, and he came to the first and said, ‘Son, go, work today in my vineyard.’ He answered and said, ‘I will not,’ but afterward he regretted it and went. Then he came to the second and said likewise. And he answered and said, ‘I go, sir,’ but he did not go.Which of the two did the will of his father?”
There are so many if’s in our world that I hardly know where to begin. We often are hesitant to commit ourselves and so we place a conditional if on our response. The Lord is anxious for us to obey His word regardless. No IF about it!
Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please invite your friends and family to subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment