Thursday, October 10, 2019

THURSDAY OCTOBER 10th, TRUE VALUE; PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

October 10, 2019
“TRUE VALUE!”
Luke 12:6-7
"Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”

Whenever I read today’s Scripture, I have to ask if the hairs of our head are numbered before or after we lose most of them? That is meant to be humorous, but I know that the words are intended to show just how intimately the Lord knows us.

I love birds and enjoy a varied collection of birds that visit the feeders I have for them outside my window. Some of these precious creatures have become accustomed to me and stay close when I fill their feeding stations.   

It always bothers me when I hear Christians speak as if the Lord was not aware of the details of their lives. Perhaps our problem is that we lack a proper understanding of God’s Word. From Genesis to Revelation we read of God’s intimate knowledge of us and our surroundings. In Psalm 139 we read: “You are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O LORD.”
The next time you are tempted to feel alone and abandoned by the Lord, start looking around for the nearest sparrow (or any other bird). The Lord knows that bird by name and cares for it. If He does that, be assured that He will also take care of you.
Blessings dear hearts.  May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!  - - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment