Wednesday, October 23, 2019

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23rd, “DEAF EARS!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

October 23, 2019
 “DEAF EARS!”
Jeremiah 6:10
To whom shall I speak and give warning that they may hear? - - Behold, the word of the Lord is a reproach to them; they have no delight in it.

Over the years I have had many heart-to-heart talks with individuals and couples. As I poured my heart out to them I was sure they had received the message. Often, however, it would be only a short time before it was evident that they had not been listening — or had possibly simply rejected my counsel.

Perhaps you have encountered similar situations. You may want to share your wise counsel with someone in the hopes that they would benefit by it. You may have hoped to prevent them from continuing actions that could be detrimental to them, their families, or others.

Working as a Juvenile Probation Officer, I sometimes gave my heart-to-heart talk with a delinquent who I felt was heading for disaster. I can still recall their look of feigned interest. A short time later they would be arrested for another offense, and I realized that my heart-to-heart had fallen on deaf ears.

Hold on just a minute. Before we become discouraged about the responses of others, take hope. There have been many instances where the little open-hearted discussions I have had with people (that seemingly fell on deaf ears) have suddenly produced fruit. More than once I have had people express thanks for something I had said months or years before. God is in control! His timing is perfect.

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today and be a blessing! 
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment