Monday, October 19, 2020

MONDAY OCTOBER 19, “WHY DO I SUFFER”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

October 19, 2020

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com 

 

“WHY DO I SUFFER?”

Philippians 1:12  

But I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel.

 

In early February 2011 I was lying in a hospital bed attached to tubes and gadgets that emitted strange beeping sounds all around; I had just undergone triple by-pass heart surgery. Lying there helpless, I recall thinking I needed to be about the work of the Lord ... there was a funeral service as well as other commitments on my very busy schedule. Why am I here? Does God know what He is doing?

 

In answer to that question -- Yes! God did know what He was doing, and the lessons I learned during that medical emergency remain with me today. I have come more and more to realize that God places us in difficult situations to give us the opportunity to shine brightly with His love and grace.

 

The apostle Paul was one of the greatest champions of the faith the world has ever known. We might be tempted to feel that God would make the way easier for such a faithful servant. Instead, Paul endured beating, stoning, lashing, shipwreck, and imprisonment in prison after prison. In fact, he wrote the letter to the Philippians from a prison cell.

 

Rather than asking ourselves why God allows us to endure suffering, we need to rejoice that we have been counted worthy to suffer for Christ. We need to look around us and use our circumstances to be a good witness for Jesus. Do others see Jesus in you when you suffer?!  

 

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil

 

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment