Tuesday, October 13, 2020

TUESDAY October 13, “LEAVE IT THERE!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

 

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com

 

October 13, 2020

“LEAVE IT THERE!”

Psalm 51:10-11

“Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.”

 

Have you ever wondered who you can count on to do what they have promised to do? Let me ask another, more-penetrating question. Have you ever made a commitment to pray for someone and after days, weeks, or even months, later realize that you have failed to follow through? You have betrayed your trust, my friend! 

 

It is a serious thing to violate your promise to those around you, but what about the promises you have made to the Lord―promises that you made to Him but that you have failed to keep? I must confess that there have been times I have had to hang my head in shame and ask the Lord to forgive my failure.

 

It is easy to see the faults of others while at the same time ignoring my own shortcomings. I think that the more easily we find fault in others the easier it is to ignore our own failures.

 

There have been many times that people have disappointed me by saying one thing and then doing another. It hurt and made me feel betrayed. The answer is to take my hurt to the foot of the cross and leave it there.

 

May God richly bless you as you  by your words and actions!  

- - - Pastor Cecil  

 

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com


No comments:

Post a Comment