Wednesday, October 28, 2020

WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 28, “SAFE IN HIS HANDS!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

October 28, 2020

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com

 

“SAFE IN HIS HANDS!”

Proverbs 29:25

“The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.”

 

Joyce and I used to enjoy watching a cooking show called "Cooks Country." The program's intro was a particular favorite part. It was a scene of a tiny Vermont village where church chimes pealed out the tune to "Safe Am I."

 

As I recall, the lyrics were something like this: Safe am I in the hollow of His hands. No foe can harm me, no fear alarm me, for He keeps both day and night. Those may not be the precise words, but I think they are pretty close.

 

There have been times in my life when I felt threatened. There was one moment when a car was careening toward my car and it could have been a fatal accident. Suddenly the other car swerved back into its own lane ending the threat.

 

I know that if the impact had occurred and my life would have ended, eternity with the Lord would have begun. It gives me wonderful assurance to know that whether I live or die, I am kept safely in the hollow of His hands.

 

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

 

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment