Thursday, October 29, 2020

THURSDAY OCTOBER 29, “SEARCH ME!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

October 29, 2020

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com

 

“SEARCH ME!”

Psalm 139:23-24

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

 

During my service as a police officer I sometimes needed to search a subject to see if they had a concealed weapon or some type of contraband. When asked if they had such items it was common for the suspect to respond, "Search me!"

 

In our home, when an item was mysteriously broken Joyce or I would ask who was guilty of breaking it. All too often we heard, "Search me?" I am sure that none of you had that experience with your kids. Right!!

 

Today’s Scripture is a heart-felt plea from the Psalmist David for the Lord to dig deep into his heart and expose the thoughts and intents that were hidden deep. It was David's desire to discover his inner motivations so he could live his life in such a way that would be pleasing to God.

 

What is your personal motivation? Are you willing for the Lord to show you what is hidden deep within? Are there desires and motivations that are not pleasing to the Lord and prevent you from living a life of victory? Just be open and ask the Lord to search and show you your deepest need.

 

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

 

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment