Tuesday, October 20, 2020

TUESDAY OCTOBER 20th, “GODLY COURAGE!”; PASTOR CECIL A THOMPSON, DAILY E-VOTIONAL

 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  

BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART

Pastor Cecil A. Thompson

October 20, 2020

 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

https://pastorcecilathompsondailye-votional.blogspot.com 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

https://pastorcecilthebibleinoneyear.blogspot.com 

 

“GODLY COURAGE!” 

Matthew 10:29-31

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

 

Many times we face uncertainty and loss. The things or people we counted upon for our support are not there when we need them. Even when we pray, we feel that the Lord is far from us and does not hear our supplications. 

When looking back over the years of my life, I discover that in those times when I felt like I was abandoned and alone, God was the nearest to me. It was not so important that I felt Him, but that I just kept on doing what His Word said; eventually I found that these times of quietness were preparing me for increased service.

The more I search the pages of Scripture, the more I find that God’s people have not been immune to the dark days of disappointment. Joseph, for instance, was treated cruelly by his own brothers. Instead of sulking and feeling sorry for himself, he learned the Egyptian language and became the most valuable servant in Potiphar’s house and also later in the prison. Even as Prime Minister in Egypt he was cut off from his home and family.

 

When the opportunity finally came for him to bestow vengeance upon his brothers who had sold him into slavery, Joseph realized that his time of tribulation was all God’s plan. All he had to do was live one day at a time. That is easy to say, but hard to do. I want to always practice having Godly courage in my own life!

 

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

- - - Pastor Cecil

 

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment