Tuesday, September 19, 2023

OUR TRUE CITIZENSHIP!

Philippians 3:20 – Devotional

Philippians 3:20

“Our citizenship is in heaven, from which we eagerly await our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

I reside in Tumwater, Washington, however my zip code is the same as Olympia, Washington. There are instances where a person’s place of residence is in an area that shows a different location than where they actually reside.

There are certain localities in the world where a person’s residence is nearer a town or city in another nation. One road, river, or railroad can make a distinction as to how an address is determined.

When I was stationed in St. Anthony, Newfoundland, Canada, I had a mail box with a Canadian address. Mail sent to that address came to me, but I was not a Canadian citizen. I was only a temporary resident.

As believers in the Lord Jesus Christ we are citizens of heaven. We may have a temporary address here in this world, but our forever home is celestial and eternal. I frequently find myself homesick for a place I have never been, but I will reside there forever and ever. That is my real citizenship!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...