Wednesday, September 6, 2023

AVAILABLE TO GOD!

Isaiah 40:31 – Devotional

Isaiah 40:31

“Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall soar on wings as eagles, shall run and not grow weary, shall walk and not faint.

The longer I live the more I realize I know so very little. But then it’s really not essential that I know everything. I feel like the old pastor who slowly walked to the pulpit. The congregation eagerly awaited the message that this precious saint of God would deliver. You may recall the words that he simply said: “Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so.”

I’m so appreciative of having a Kindle reader so I can read book after book without carrying an entire armload. I recall reading a book by Jerry Bridges titled, “Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts.” Even the title moves me.

His words gave me a new appreciation of the sovereignty of God. God is not incumbent to make me comfortable or painless. In fact, it is not about me at all. If it is pain, so be it! If it is suffering, so be it! If it is complete healing, so be it!

During a hospital stay, God was able to use me to bring a little bit of healing to the nurses and staff who treated me. That was my ministry for this particular situation and I thank God for it. I rejoice being home, but I want to be available for God to be sovereign in my life wherever that may be.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: TRUE VALUE! Luke 12:15 TRUE VALUE! Luke 12:15 – Devotional Luke 12:15 “Then He said to them...