Monday, September 25, 2023

OUR PROTECTION​!

Psalm 59:16 – Devotional

Psalm 59:16

“But I will sing of Your strength, in the morning I will sing of Your love; for You are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

There is an observation I would like to share and relate to spiritual truth from my military career ― my duty as a missile launch officer.

I was assigned as a Combat Crew Commander for the Minuteman Missile program and, honestly, cannot recall the first time I went down the elevator into a real launch center, but each trip down was an awe-inspiring experience. There were two sets of doors that took away one’s breath. The first were massive doors about twelve to fifteen feet high and about 15 inches thick. Believe me, it took effort to swing the doors open. But that just permitted entrance into the equipment room.

Getting into the launch capsule itself was another story. The massive 10-ton blast door could only be opened by one of the crew members from inside the capsule. As the huge door began to swing, the officer inside would shout, “Stand clear of the blast door.” That always seemed silly ― as if someone would stand in front of ten tons of swinging door!

Thinking about the huge doors that were designed to protect the missile crew, I think about the protection God gives His children. Please understand that this is not a free ride to a life of ease. God’s people have often been called upon to suffer and even die for Him. But the vital truth is that He has given us eternal life! That is the safest protection we could ever ask for.

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: TRUE VALUE! Luke 12:15 TRUE VALUE! Luke 12:15 – Devotional Luke 12:15 “Then He said to them...