Thursday, September 7, 2023

TOO LAID BACK!

Psalm 123:4 – Devotional

Psalm 123:4

“Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorn of those who are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

I have always found it easy for me to identify shapes of certain objects from far distances. I can identify particular model of planes by their silhouettes. I often can identify birds by their shapes, calls, and their movements.

I once was driving along a country road and saw a shape in the distance that I could not readily identify. It was smaller than a person walking and seemed to be moving like a bicycle, but the shape was quite low to the ground. As I drew closer I saw that it was a rider on a recumbent bike.

For those of you who have never seen a recumbent bicycle, it has many of the characteristics of a regular bicycle, but the cyclist reclines rather than sits in a more upright fashion.

There may be satisfaction in cycling in a reclining position, but if I were given the choice, I would choose the traditional mode of travel. In like manner I reject the modern laid back idea of doing one’s own thing, and will choose to go God’s way!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...