Friday, September 8, 2023

NEARER, STILL NEARER!

Hebrews 10:22 – Devotional

Hebrews 10:22

“Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.”

Both the text and tune of Nearer, Still Nearer were written and composed by Lelia Naylor Morris (1862-1929).

Nearer, Still Nearer has a biblical progression to it. It begins with a prayer for God to bring us closer and closer to Him.

The second verse addresses the fact that there is no way we can be near the Lord unless the blood of Jesus cleanses us.

The third stanza moves us toward craving Jesus more than sin – whatever barrier we need to remove so we can be near Jesus we will remove.

Finally in the last paragraph of lyrics, the ultimate goal has been reached and we are finally in eternal glory in unbroken and unbreakable fellowship with our God and Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

Here are the lyrics:

NEARER, STILL NEARER!

Nearer, still nearer, close to Thy heart,
Draw me, my Savior, so precious Thou art;
Fold me, O fold me close to Thy breast,
Shelter me safe in that haven of rest,
Shelter me safe in that haven of rest.

Nearer, still nearer, nothing I bring,
Nought as an offering to Jesus my King-
Only my sinful now contrite heart,
Grant me the cleansing Thy blood doth impart,
Grant me the cleansing Thy blood doth impart.

Nearer, still nearer, Lord, to be Thine;
Sin, with its follies, I gladly resign,
All of its pleasures, pomp and its pride;
Give me but Jesus, my Lord crucified,
Give me but Jesus, my Lord crucified.

Nearer, still nearer, while life shall last;
Till safe in glory my anchor is cast;
Through endless ages, ever to be,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee,
Nearer, my Savior, still nearer to Thee.

CLICK HERE to watch the Nearer, Still Nearer video devotional.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

– – – Pastor Cecil

Share a blessing by inviting your friends and family to subscribe to Pastor Cecil’s Daily E-Votional by clicking on the Subscribe button above.

Share the Lord with someone by directing them to https://PastorCecil.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...