Sunday, November 22, 2015

MONDAY: “CONSUMED!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson November 23, 2015, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
November 23, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“CONSUMED!”
Psalm 119:139-140
My zeal has consumed me, because my enemies have forgotten Your words. Your word is very pure;therefore Your servant loves it.

It is that time of year when the temperature drops below 32 degrees F. and it is the time to start using my wood stove. There is something about the heat emanating from that small stove that seems to wrap the entire house in comfort.

Over the years I have often been struck with the way wood is consumed by the fire. In lighting the stove it is necessary to use small kindling and progressively add larger and larger pieces of wood. I will place a heavy log on the coals and marvel at the way it is eaten up … Consumed!

Each time this occurs I am reminded that we have that same choice in our spiritual life. We can either be consumed in serving the Lord or remain in our original state. I like to think of it as either burning up or burning out.

I would rather live my life in such a way that I am consumed in serving God so that I leave nothing but a bit of ashes. The alternative is to burn out and remain a charred and ugly block of wood. We have enough ugly blocks already. What we need to see are more ashes left by people who have burned brightly for the Lord and slipped into eternity having been consumed with the zeal for the Lord.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment