Sunday, November 15, 2015

MONDAY: “SO!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson November 16, 2015, DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
November 16, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“SO!”
Luke 12:11-12
Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say. 

I am always interested in the current vernacular of the day. A few years ago it was very common to hear people continually use the word “like” many times in a single conversation, sometimes in a single sentence.

The recent buzzword seems to be “so.” I listen to people responding and prefacing  their statements by saying; “so.” I have tried to wrap my mind around the reason. The best explanation I can come up with is that it gives the mind a chance to think before speaking.

A judge I used to work for used colorful expressions. One of his favorite expressions was to make the comment; “You can keep your mouth shut and look stupid, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt!” It was cynical but oh how accurate it is in many cases.

Spiritually we never want to speak without having the Lord directed us. In those milliseconds before we speak it is well to ask for divine guidance. My desire is to live according to Psalm 19:14Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.”

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord atwww.Daily-E-Votional.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment