Monday, November 30, 2015

TUESDAY: “EXPECTATION!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson December 1, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
December 1, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“EXPECTATION!”
Philippians 1:19-21
For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,  according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

When I think of expectation, I often recall certain dear friends of ours. One year the wife was expecting a special bracelet for her birthday. She dropped all the necessary hints to her husband, even going so far as to point out the exact bracelet she expected for her upcoming birthday. When her birthday finally arrived, the wife was stunned! Instead of giving her the bracelet, her husband John had bought her a garden composter. Now that is about as far from a bracelet as you can get!

What is the opposite of expectation? To my mind it would be hopelessness. Just saying that gives me a feeling of despondency. I want to let you in on a little secret. Despondency never generates enthusiasm or hopefulness. It’s just the opposite -- it tears down and destroys those that are looking for someone to give them a reason for their faith.

In this world there will be many disappointments. If our expectation is focused on the things of this world, we will always fail. The things of this world will always tarnish and fade. Only the things of eternal value are worthy of our expectation. As Paul summed it up: “For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.That is where our expectation must be!  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment