Wednesday, November 11, 2015

THURSDAY: “PERSPECTIVE!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson November 12, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
November 12, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

TO LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“PERSPECTIVE!”
Isaiah 64:4
For since the beginning of the world men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, who acts for the one who waits for Him. 

Back in 1954 I was stationed in Rapid City, S.D. My wife Joyce and I would often travel around the area to see sights that boggled the mind. One of those sights was Devils Tower in the neighboring State of Wyoming. It is almost 1300 feet high, but the perspective is hard to grasp. It was only when you saw tiny specks on the vertical stone that you realized they were climbers. Perspective now revealed just how huge it really was.
I have tried to wrap my mind around the massive height of Mount Everest. As I fly on a commercial airliner I am stunned to realize that often our cruising altitude is near the elevation of Everest, over 29,000 feet. I lacked the perspective to grasp just how high it is.

In the spiritual realm I am even more baffled. How can I even begin to comprehend the heaven that awaits those who have received Jesus Christ as personal Savior and who have had their names written in the Lamb’s Book of life. Heavens glorious delight’s are much greater than my mind can grasp. There is one thing I am certain of; God is preparing a place for us that will be far beyond our imagination or human perspective. I can hardly wait to get there!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment