Sunday, November 29, 2015

MONDAY: “VICTORY IN JESUS!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson November 30, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
November 30, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“VICTORY IN JESUS!”
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

As a boy I was known to take shortcuts. My mom would tell me to clean up my room, but somehow my efforts always fell short of Mom’s expectations. My ways were not her ways! My "good enough" was not good enough for Mom!

I fear that is the case with many of us, especially when it comes to spiritual matters. God says it,  but we run it through our own individual filter and come up with something that is less than God’s ideal. Does that sound familiar to you?

Today’s Scripture is one of my all-time favorites. In it I see two commands that must be met in order to please God. The first is to trust in the Lord with all our heart. Using our own understanding as a measure will always result in failure. Anything less than all our heart is never pleasing to God.

The second command is to acknowledge God in all our ways. That means our thoughts have to be directed toward Him. We need to acknowledge that God is in control of every aspect of our lives. It is only then that He promises to direct our paths. If you want to find victory in Jesus, live your life by Proverbs 3:5-6.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment