Tuesday, November 24, 2015

WEDNESDAY: “JUST A MINUTE!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson November 25, 2015 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
November 25, 2015

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!
“JUST A MINUTE!”
Esther 4:14
For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?

As a boy I often employed the phrase “just a minute” when my mom had asked me to do something. Strange as it may seem, I often heard the same phrase repeated by our three children when either Joyce or I had asked them to do something.

One of my favorite television programs is "Texas Country Reporter." I was  watching a recent episode when Bob Phillips and his wife Keli visited the Buffalo Soldiers Museum. It was there that I heard a poem by Dr. Benjamin Mays. Let me share it with you and allow you to let it sink in. I hope it has the same impact on you as it did on me.

God’s Minute
I've only just a minute, Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can't refuse it, Didn't seek it, didn't choose it,
But it's up to me to use it. I must suffer if I lose it,
Give an account if I abuse it, Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!

- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment