MONDAY "BIRTHDAY!" I Peter 1:22-23 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson March 14, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
March 14, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK

"BIRTHDAY!"
I Peter 1:22-23
Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,  having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever.

I can recall a time (almost) when I could hardly wait for my birthday. Back then I would add “and a half” to indicate that I was going to be one year older. It did not take long before that habit stopped. As I passed middle age, I wanted to put on the brakes and not age so fast. It really did not matter . . . age passes quickly!

On this date way back in 1934, I was born. In case you are mathematically challenged, that makes me 82 today. The truth of the matter is that it is not the chronological age that's important, but rather whether we have been born again.

It is tragic that many people feel they have been born again because they were baptized as an infant. That is so unbiblical that it defies imagination. In the same way, there are some who feel they just grew into being a believer. Being born again is much more than infant baptism or a gradual growth.

This is the time for candid self evaluation. If there was never a time when you confessed your sinful condition and invited Jesus to come into your heart, then pray that prayer right now. Make this your spiritual birthday.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL