THURSDAY: "MEDITATION!" Psalm 19:14 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson March 3, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
March 3, 2016

TO LISTEN TO THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THE LINK (OR COPY AND PASTE INTO YOUR BROWSER) FOR MY DAILY BLOG!

LISTEN TO PASTOR CECIL A. THOMPSON READING THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR!

"MEDITATION!"
Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in You sight, O, Lord my strength and my Redeemer.

About five years ago I had triple by-pass heart surgery. In the recuperative period following the surgery, I had physical rehabilitation. Most of the exercises were good and acceptable. But one day an instructor came into our group that wanted us to close our eyes and clear our minds of every thought. OOPS! I immediately exited the session.

Any program that suggests clearing your mind of every thought leaves the door open for unclean spirits to enter. The enemy of our soul delights in having free access to the human mind. He is a master of deceit and any time there is an opportunity to mimic the work of the Lord, he does it.

Now I want to quickly point out that there is a true place for meditation in the mind of a true believer. It is not an emptying of all thoughts, but rather bathing ourselves in the word of God and meditating about what it says.

Many years ago I was taught that any time we study the bible we need to ask ourselves three questions: What does it say? What does it mean? And how does it apply to my life? That, dear hearts, is true spiritual meditation!  

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL