THURSDAY ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE Pastor Cecil A. Thompson May 12, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 12, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE!”
Psalm 107:8-9
“Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.”

Even God’s faithful servants can lack an attitude of gratitude. Joyce and I once felt led to assist a returned missionary family by paying for some necessary classes so the wife could work as a nurse. It was a sacrifice on our part, but we did it joyfully. I am sad to say that there was never an expression of gratitude shown by that family.

We felt let down, but at the same time it taught us a lesson about how we are to appreciate what the Lord does for us. How many times do we receive blessing after blessing from the Lord without expressing our…ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE?

After writing the last paragraph I spoke with a man I knew back in college over 50 years ago. He reminded me of something that I had done back then that hurt his reputation. I honestly could not recall what I had done, which makes it even worse. He said he forgave me, but I am struggling with the way I so completely blanked it out of my mind.

The thing that strikes me is that I had been writing about the lack of gratitude when I was guilty of forgetting something that has lived in the mind of this friend for these many years. More than ever I want to trust in the Lord!

Blessings dear hearts!  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL