WEDNESDAY “IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN!” I Corinthians 13:12 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson May 4, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 4, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN!”
I Corinthians 13:12
“For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

As a pastor I have been called upon to officiate at hundreds of funerals. In most cases I was not acquainted with the deceased individual prior to their death. In order to make the service meaningful and personal, I always meet with their families before the service to "get acquainted" with the deceased through the family's memories.

Interestingly, after the service people have asked me how long I had known the deceased person since it sounded like we were friends. They said they knew very little of the information I shared about the person.

At times I've read the obituary of someone I have known for years, but had no idea the things they had experienced. I have often wished I had known that information while they were alive so we could have discussed it.

Thinking about this makes me long for a time in heaven when we will be able to know every individual who has ever lived and rejoice about the steps that brought them to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. What a day that will be!

Blessings dear hearts!  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends and invite them to subscribe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MONDAY ENJOY YOUR SALVATION Pastor Cecil A. Thompson June 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL