Monday, May 9, 2016

TUESDAY: “I SHALL REMAIN!” Philippians 1:25-26 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson May 10, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 10, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“I SHALL REMAIN!”
Philippians 1:25-26
“And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith, that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

May 10th is one of those dates that hits me between the eyes. It was the birthday of my precious wife, Joyce, back in 1934. If she were still alive she would have been 82 today. Instead of being one year older she lives forever without aches, pains or aging. She has been perfected!   

Can I share a secret with you? I would rather be with her in Paradise than stuck back here on earth. In that way I am like Paul. He preferred to be with the Lord, but was resigned to serving to the best of his ability to strengthen the body of Christ.

Since my Joyce passed away on January 13, 2015, I have devoted myself to doing more for the Lord than ever before. God gives us His strength and direction at just the time we need it. I find myself confronted with two choices: I can shrink into grief, which is not a benefit to me or others, or I can spend myself serving Him. I SHALL REMAIN to serve Him for as long as He gives me the strength.

Blessings dear hearts!  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: “GOD’S PROTECTION!” Psalm 23:4 GOD’S PROTECTION​! Psalm 23:4 – Devotional Psalm 23:4 “Yea,...