Tuesday, May 17, 2016

WEDNESDAY: “GET THIS LIGHT!” John 8:12 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson May 18, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
May 18, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“GET THIS LIGHT!”
John 8:12
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, ‘I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.’”

I frequently receive solicitations through my e-mail offering the brightest flashlight on the face of the planet. Well, it may not be specifically described in that manner, but they make it sound as if I cannot live without it.

Now I want you to know that I am not adverse to light. As a teen, I learned to quietly slip into the house a few minutes after curfew because I did not want my parents to know I was late. A few times, however, I found myself stumbling over a chair or table. My mom had a habit of rearranging the furniture. Hmm! I wonder if she did that as a ploy to hear when I came home?

It is sad to realize that many people have not received The Light (Jesus) that came into the world to free us from the inky blackness of sin. We are born into sin and the only way for the light to shine is to receive Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. It is not by infant baptism or doing good works, but only by confessing our sins and asking the Lord to take control of our life.

Do you have His Light in your life? If not, I urge you to take that vital step right now. I assure you that this Light is definitely the brightest light in the universe!

Blessings dear hearts!  
May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com
Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: “GOD’S PROTECTION!” Psalm 23:4 GOD’S PROTECTION​! Psalm 23:4 – Devotional Psalm 23:4 “Yea,...