Thursday, October 20, 2016

FRIDAY: “I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY!” Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 21, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 21, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY!”
Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

I was born in 1934 to a humble working class family in the United States. One hundred years earlier, Katherine Hankey was born to a wealthy family in England. Katherine found great joy in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others. She conducted Bible studies all over the city of London.

At age 30, Katherine experienced medical problems that prevented her from leading her Bible studies for one year. It was during that year of rehabilitation that she wrote a long poem about her Jesus. The last part of her poem contains the words of this week’s hymn. The music was composed by William Fisher.

I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY

I love to tell the story of unseen things above,
Of Jesus and His glory, of Jesus and His love;
I love to tell the story, because I know ‘tis true.,
It satisfies my longing as nothing else can do.

Refrain: I love to tell the story, ‘Twill be my theme in glory,
To tell the old, old story, of Jesus and His love

I love to tell the story, more wonderful it seems,
Than all the golden fancies, of all our golden dreams;
I love to tell the story, it did so much for me,
And that is just the reason I tell it now to thee.

Refrain: I love to tell the story, ‘Twill be my theme in glory,
To tell the old, old story, of Jesus and His love

I love to tell the story, ‘tis pleasant to repeat,
What seems each time I tell it more wonderfully sweet;
I love to tell the story, for some have never heard,
The message of salvation from God’s own holy Word.

Refrain: I love to tell the story, ‘Twill be my theme in glory,
To tell the old, old story, of Jesus and His love

I love to tell the story, for those who know it best,
Seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest;
And when in scenes of glory I sing the new, new song,
‘Twill be the old, old story that I have loved so long.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at www.Daily-E-Votional

No comments:

Post a Comment