Wednesday, October 12, 2016

FRIDAY: “LOVE THAT LASTS!” 1 Corinthians 13:13 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 13, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 13, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “LOVE THAT LASTS!”
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

I had a good cry this afternoon. My daughter gave me a page from my wife’s diary that she had written back in January 2012. That was three years before she went to be with the Lord. I had given Lori some of Joyce’s diaries and she found this page dated January 28, 2012. I want to share it with you.

My precious husband, how I love you! You captured my heart when I was just a teenager, and it has lasted for over 60 years. How good God has been to us, to be with the dearest love of your life that long. Please know how deeply you are loved --  now and forever.

As I read these poignant words I realized that words never end when a person dies. I only wish that more couples could experience the deep love that Joyce and I shared.

If you have not done so before now, I urge you to take the time to write your own love letter to that special person in your life. You may be gone when they read it, but like this message from Joyce to me, it will be like a gentle kiss from one who is waiting in that land where we will never be parted again.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment