Monday, October 24, 2016

TUESDAY: “SIMPLICITY!” 1 Thessalonians 1:5 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 25, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 25, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “SIMPLICITY!”
1 Thessalonians 1:5
Because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction.

I want to confess that I am not a deep theologian who has profound knowledge of the writings of learned biblical scholars. I simply feel that the Lord has called me to study, think, and pray on the things that are written in the precious Word of God until they become real to me. Then, and only then, I try to present them in a manner that is simple, real, and true to the Word

When I was stationed in Missouri with the USAF, I had many conversations with a dear pastor, Rev. Frank Meyers, in Warrensburg, Missouri. He shared that his first pastorate was in St. Joseph, Missouri, near a large meat packing company where a certain member of his congregation worked. This elderly meat packer had at best a third-grade education.  Each day he got off at 3:00 p.m. and would head for the pastor's study.  Frank said that old man with a limited education (by the world's standards) taught him more about the true Word of God than all of his highly educated professors in college and seminary. I want to be like that old unknown meat packer.

Just remember that it is the Lord that takes this poor preacher’s ramblings to show you that God loves you, knows exactly what you feel, and has a plan for your good and His glory. I encourage you to read the book of I Thessalonians.  If you can, read it all the way through at one sitting.  It will bless you!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment