Wednesday, October 19, 2016

THURSDAY: “FOCUS!” Psalm 119:18 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 20, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 20, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “FOCUS!”
Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes, that I may see wondrous things from Your law.”

One of the things that I dislike the most about having my eyes examined is when the optometrist adjusts the machine until it's out of focus and then wants me to say when it comes back into focus. It seems to me that the examiner should be able to tell me what is in focus rather than me being required to do it. Oh, well, life is hard!

Spiritually we are called to keep our focus on the Lord. It is far too easy for us to allow our vision to be distorted by the things of the world to the extent that we are not able to properly see things that God wants us to see.

In a world that is increasingly perverted, it becomes more and more likely that people get out of focus. What God’s Word says is wrong is now deemed to be right and what is right according to the Word is seen as out of step, if not biased.

God’s children have often times been required to pay with their lives because they were committed to keeping the right spiritual focus. I pray that we never have to suffer for Christ, but if we do I pray we will be strong and never distort the gospel.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at:www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment