Tuesday, October 25, 2016

WEDNESDAY: “WHAT TO SHUN!” 2 Timothy 2:16 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 26, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 26, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “WHAT TO SHUN!”
2 Timothy 2:16
But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness.

If you were writing a letter to your son or daughter and knew that it might be the last words you would ever share with them, what would you say? What would you want them to remember above everything else?

I can recall one of the last conversations I had with my dad. He had been my hero throughout my life and I cherished his wise counsel. He said; “Son when I am gone I want you to remember to tell everyone that I love the Lord and when He is ready to take me home, I am ready to go.”

Dad was never one to spend his time in useless arguments. He had a focus on things that were eternal. He only had an 8th grade education, but his wisdom was far beyond many who had advanced degrees.

The “profane and idle babblings” that Paul mentions are things that can occupy our time and attention and lead us away from God rather than a closer walk with Him. I want to avoid these arguments and debates in order to stay close to the Lord.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment