Wednesday, October 5, 2016

THURSDAY: HEART AND EARS!” Proverbs 18:15 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson October 6, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL



DAILY-E-VOTIONAL
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
October 6, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “HEART AND EARS!”
Proverbs 18:15
The heart of the prudent acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge.

My mom used to tell me that I was a handful when I was little. That is so hard to believe since I am such a meek and mild adult. Choke! Choke! Let me be quick to clarify that I was not evil, but just full of life and always on the move. Sometimes she would make me sit on a stool in the living room without making a sound.

Mom said that within only a few minutes on that stool I was ready to explode. I was like the little boy who, enduring the same punishment, finally told his mother that he was sitting down on the outside, but he was standing up on the inside!   

Can you relate to that? There is another passage of Scripture that I memorized many years ago. It is Jeremiah 17:9: “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?” The answer is that God knows our heart inside and outside.

When we have the spiritual ears to "hear" what God says in His word and apply it to our life, our inner heart is ready to do His will, His way, and in His time. That is like having ears to our spiritual hearts to respond when He calls us.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil

You can also find previous Daily-E-Votionals to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com 

Please feel free to forward this E-Votional on to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment