Sunday, July 3, 2016

MONDAY: “DEPENDENCE DAY!” "4TH OF JULY" Pastor Cecil A. Thompson July 4, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 4, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “DEPENDENCE DAY!”  
Romans 12:18
“If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.

Those of us who have raised children, and even those of us who have ever been around children, have no doubt heard the words, “I do it myself!” It does not matter that the little one may be completely incompetent,  he or she wants to do it by themselves.

When my precious wife began to demonstrate signs of dementia, we had to make many decisions for her welfare. I still remember her declaring, “I know my own body!” The problem was that she didn’t. In many ways it was like dealing with a young child all over again.

Spiritually speaking, we are very much the same way. We think we know more than God when it comes to running our own lives. Let’s get serious! There is no way we can even come close to understanding what lies ahead for us. God knows!

On this date we celebrate Independence Day here in the United States. Many nations celebrate a certain day when their country became independent.  I want to celebrate this day as a day when I proclaim my utter Dependence on the Lord. I can’t. He can! That’s all I need to know! LET’S GO!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Please feel free to forward this to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...