Monday, July 4, 2016

TUESDAY: “THE YOKE’S ON YOU!” Philippians 4:8 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson July 5, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 5, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 
TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

 “THE YOKE’S ON YOU!”  
Philippians 4:8
“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

There was an old Vaudeville stunt in which a contest was held to see who could crack the largest number of boiled eggs over the contestants' heads. Unbeknownst to the one to be duped, one of the eggs was raw. When he smashed that one over his head and the raw egg flowed over his head and face they would call out, “The yolk's on you!”

I don’t know why I remember silly things like that and not the more profound things that really matter. As a matter of fact, I do try to bring my mind into submission and meditate on the verses of Scripture I have memorized.

I know that there have been, and will be in the future, things that make me feel foolish. Regardless, it is my desire to use this precious verse that Paul sent to the saints at Philippi as a guide for my meditation. I want to use Scripture as the source of my motivation.

The next time Satan tries to lead you into temptation, quote Scripture and tell him, “The yolk's on you, Satan. You have lost and have egg on your face!”

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com

Please feel free to forward this to your family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: “GLEANING GOD’S WORD!” Acts 17:11 GLEANING GOD’S WORD​! Acts 17:11 – Devotional Acts 17:11...