Monday, July 25, 2016

TUESDAY: “SHAPE UP!” I Timothy 4:8 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson July 26, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL


DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
July 26, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THE DAILY E-VOTIONAL, CLICK ON THIS LINK: 

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“SHAPE UP!”
 I Timothy 4:8
For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.

I have never been much of a model of physical fitness. Yes, I recall my high school days (almost) when I was on the starting football team. I was in shape then, but for the most part I have always battled with a weight problem and, more often than not, I have lost that battle!

Therefore, I love it when Paul tells Timothy that bodily exercise "profits a little." I am sure he  wasn't implying that we are not to exercise, but that is never to be our primary focus in life. If it is, we will be faced with dismay when the accumulated years begin to prevent strenuous activity.

So what, pray tell, is Paul saying? I feel that he is making a strong argument that if we place our emphasis on temporal things, we are wrong. I recall many of my classmates who were in much better physical condition than I ever was, but they have preceded me in death. (They have just reached heaven before me). In view of eternity, the things that really matter are the spiritual decisions we make.

As we look down the road of our life, we have no idea how long we have to live. Each of us is only one heart beat from eternity. Paul is saying that Godliness is alwaysprofitable for us. It is time for each of us to SHAPE UP spiritually!

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com  
Please share with your friends and family and invite them to subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...