Sunday, July 31, 2016

MONDAY: “SHADOWS!” Psalm 23:4 Pastor Cecil A. Thompson August 1, 2016 DAILY-E-VOTIONAL

DAILY-E-VOTIONAL  
BLESSINGS FROM THE HEART
Pastor Cecil A. Thompson
August 1, 2016

TO HEAR PASTOR CECIL READ THROUGH THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR, CLICK ON THIS LINK:

“SHADOWS!”
Psalm 23:4
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

One day last week I was returning home from an appointment. I was a block from my house and gliding along at about ten miles per hour when I noticed an eight-inch long shadow gliding along the pavement. It was then that I saw a two-inch long insect flying closer to me. The sun was at just the right angle to magnify the shadow of the tiny insect.

As I have played this picture over in my mind I am reminded that shadows are always larger than real life. The Psalmist reminds us that as we travel through the valley of the shadow of death, not the valley of death.

What is the difference? The difference is that shadows magnify. That means things we fear tend to be larger than life. Not only that, we have our Great Shepherd, Jesus Christ, who carries a rod and staff to rescue and protect us.

The next time you encounter the shadow of fear in your life, remember who is walking beside you. He knows how big the threat really is and He alone is able to shield and protect you.

May God richly bless you as you bless others by your words and actions!
- - - Pastor Cecil  
You can find previous E-Votionals covering a variety of Scriptures and topics to help you in your walk with the Lord at: www.Daily-E-Votional.com  
Please share with your friends and family and invite them to subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

​PASTOR CECIL · Pastor Cecil's Devotional: THIS IS LOVE! 1 John 4:10 THIS IS LOVE​! 1 John 4:10 – Devotional 1 John 4:10 “This is lov...